WART REMOVAL HOME REMEDIES
There are a multitude of wart removal home remedies out there for you to try! Keep in mind that warts are typically caused by a virus that has invaded the skin and even though you won't get warts from toads or frogs they are contagious.
Warts can appear anywhere but normally surface on the hands, face and feet. The painful growths that show up on your feet are called plantars warts, technically named Verruca plantaris.
Types of Warts
Warts are usually a small circular skin growth about the consistency of a scab. They are a viral infection and affect the outer (epidermal) layer of the skin. The virus can be passed, by contact, to another person. They are typically on the hands or the feet but can be found elsewhere. Depending on the location they have different names.
• Common warts are the typical raised circles about 1/4 inch in diameter.
• Plantar warts are hard thick patches of skin found on the soles of the feet .
• Flat warts are about 1/4 inch in diameter but are flatter and lighter color than common wart. They may be on the face, arms, or legs.
• Filiform warts grow around the mouth, nose, or chin. They match the skin in color and have thread like growths protruding from them.
• Periungual warts look like small bumps and are found around the fingernails and toenails.
• Molluscum warts are a small, pimple like, viral infection of the skin that typically is found on the trunk of the body or the arms or legs.
• Genital warts are also a viral infection. They appear in the genital area as small (maybe not even visible) flesh colored bumps. They are highly contagious and a sexually transmitted disease.
Remembering that warts are contagious, the first rule of thumb is
Picking or trying to dig out the growth will only result in spreading the virus. One of these buggers is enough!
Conventional wart treatments include having a doctor burn them off with lasers or freeze them with liquid nitrogen (called cryotherapy). At the pharmacy you can pick up wart cures that include liquids or plasters that contain salicylic acid which can be harsh but there's many wart removal home remedies that you can try yourself.
Before you try any home treatment for warts you should be sure and see a doctor if any of the following symtoms pertain to you:
WART REMOVAL HOME REMEDIES
Duct Tape for Warts
This seems to be a truely "redneck" approach but it has actually been proven to work in many cases. The duct tape is said to suffocate the wart causing it to kill the virus. Here's what to do:
According to a recent study, this process can work even better than cryotherapy! Much, much cheaper too!
Poultices for Warts
Think both acidic and viral fighters! Here's some ideas:
Some other poultices to try are raw potatoes, fresh basil leaves or even papaya!
"DAB ON" WART REMOVAL HOME REMEDIES
If you are constantly plagued with warts there's a chance you could have a vitamin A deficiency. A high quality vitamin A supplement just might be the cure!
Hope you'll give one of these wart removal home remedies a try and let us know how it turned out! If you have your own remedy please share below!
Share a cure, thought or experience about Wart Removal Remedies!
Have your own wart removal home remedy?
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors the baking soda remedies page...
Wart Removal For Dogs
Wart Removal Home Remedy
plantar wart removal and skin infections
Treat Warts With Jade Plant Leaves
What's it like in rural Minnesota?