St. John's Wort & Cayenne Pepper Salve Recipe
This is a classic topical formula that can be used to help ease occasional aches and pains associated with activities like hiking and biking or to help warm up the joints when faced with the chill of cold weather. I like to keep this healing ointment handy during the active summer months and throughout the wintertime for just these reasons. Such great medicine! It also makes a wonderful gift that’s super easy to whip up. Simply rub into sore joints and muscles for a little relief, avoiding broken skin, as needed.
Cayenne & St. John’s Wort Salve Recipe
4 oz St. John’s Wort infused oil
2 tsp organic cayenne powder
1/2 ounce beeswax or 2 Tbsp beeswax pastilles
1. Using a double boiler, mix the oil with the cayenne powder and warm very gently. Allow to cool and then heat up again, being sure not to let the oil bubble.
2. Remove from heat and allow to sit and infuse for 24 hours.
3. The next day, strain oil through cheesecloth to remove excess powder.
4. Place herbal infused oil and beeswax into your double boiler and gently warm over low heat until the beeswax melts.
5. Quickly pour into tins or glass jars and allow to cool completely.
6. Salves should be stored in a cool location where they will remain semi-solid.
This recipe is credited to Mountain Rose Herbs, where you can purchase all the organic ingredients needed for this salve!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to HOMEMADE SALVE PAGE. .