How to make Garlic Oil
Once you learn how to make garlic oil it can be used both medicinally and for culinary practices. This potent oil is for garlic lovers only!
Hippocrates and many other historical healers mention the use of garlic (Allium sativum) for many conditions, including parasites, respiratory problems, poor digestion, and low energy. Today we know it good for the heart, high blood pressure and even can help regulate high blood pressure. It can also combat Candida albicans when used medicinally.
Fresh garlic is always best to obtain the highest nutrional and medicinal value!
Here's a very simple fresh garlic oil recipe:
- Find a glass jar (with a tight fitting lid) about the same size as the amount of oil you wish to make.
- Peel and mince enough fresh garlic to nearly fill the jar.
- Cover the garlic with high quality, organic, cold pressed olive oil. Using preferable a wooden stir stick (chopsticks or skewers work great) gently stir the mixture to release any air bubbles.
- Make sure the garlic is completely submerged in the olive oil then cap tightly.
- Label & date the jar then store in a warm place for 3 - 5 days.
- After at least 3 days have passed, strain the mixture and keep in a cool, dark place. It should last about 6 months if stored properly.
This oil can be used in the kitchen freely!
This fresh garlic oil also makes a great spring tonic or blood purifier when used in medicinal doses. (Please check with your doctor before using herbs medicinally!)
The dosage would be anywhere from a few drops of garlic oil up to 1/2 teaspoon 3 times daily. Keep this up for 2 - 3 weeks for a complete cleansing. Be aware that when your ingesting this much fresh garlic oil you're going to smell like your trying to ward off vampires! This in mind, it might be good for everyone in your household to do this at the same time. Chewing on fresh parsley, sucking on cloves or drinking wheatgrass juice can help with your breath but it probably won't help with the odor coming out of your pores.
Another option would be to buy a garlic oil supplement but I believe nothing has the same effect as something that is fresh and homemade!
If you enjoyed this page on how to make garlic oil you might also enjoy my generic page on making homemade oils
Oh yeah, another garlic oil remedy to fight off colds and flu is to rub the oil into your feet before bed, slip on a thick pair of socks and get a good night's sleep. This is great for children who don't like the taste of garlic. Haven't tried this myself but let me know if you have!