CHRONIC CONSTIPATION REMEDIES
If you're searching for chronic constipation remedies you know that severe constipation can lead to more major health problems. So if you've already seen a doctor and all he/she did was write you a prescription here's some natural ways to get and keep things moving!
My top five daily supplements to relieve constipation are:
- WATER - Your doctor probably told you to get more fluids but in addition try having a large glass of luke warm or room temperature water first thing in the morning. You can also add the juice of 1/2 a lemon and a tablespoon of honey to help cleanse your system. Continue to drink warm water throughout the day. Your body will absorb it much easier than cold water.
- FIBER - You've heard this too. You can buy a fiber supplement and eat more foods rich in fiber. You'll find these a little farther down this page.
- MAGNESIUM - Magnesium is crucial! Take 400 mg - 800 mg of magnesium every day.
- VITAMIN C - Take 1000 mg of vitamin c three times a day.
- PROBIOTICS - Probiotics and constipation remedies go hand in hand. Find a good probiotic supplement and take as directed on the bottle daily.
Foods that cause constipation:
- WHEAT GLUTEN - Gluten is a little-known cause of constipation but it's becoming more and more apparent that it can be the cause of many digestive problems! Try a gluten-free diet for a few days. Gluten is in many, many foods but if you can at least cut out bread, pasta, wheat products and baked goods for a while you'll notice a difference in a short amount of time. Of all the chronic constipation remedies, I would try this first!
- MILK & DAIRY PRODUCTS
- ALL MEATS - Red or white!
- COMMERCIAL JUICES
- BAKED GOODS
Foods as Chronic Constipation Remedies -
Try adding some of these high fiber foods to your diet...
- BRAN - Look for oat bran or rice bran instead of wheat just in case you may be gluten intolerant!
- PRUNES - If you're thinking prune juice, forget it. Prune juice and constipation are not good partners because there is actually very little fiber in the juice. Buy whole prunes instead and eat at least six in the morning with your luke warm water.
- APPLES - Eat 2 peeled apples daily. Once you're constipation free eat the peelings too!
- BEANS - The beans highest in fiber are red kidney beans, lentils, navy beans, pinto beans and lima beans.
- BERRIES - The berries highest in fiber are raspberries and blackberries.
- OLIVE OIL - Olive oil included in chronic constipation remedies? Yes, try 1 tablespoon of organic extra virgin olive oil in the morning. You can also try olive oil to relieve dog constipation also. Try mixing 1 teaspoon (for a med. sized dog) into his food. Works for cat constipation also if you can get them to eat it!
- GARLIC - Try to incorporate garlic into your daily diet. It has many benefits!
- FLAXSEED - Mix 1-2 tbalespoons ground flaxseed in a warm water or stir it into some yogurt.
- PSYLLIUM - Make a tea by steeping 1-2 tespoons of psyllium seeds in a cup of boiling water for 2 hours. Add honey & lemon if you like.
MORE HERBS USED IN CHRONIC CONSTIPATION REMEDIES - The following herbs can be used as teas or tinctures.
- GINGER - Ginger is great for the digestive system!
- DANDELION ROOT - A wonderful cleansing herb.
- SLIPPERY ELM - A great moisturizer for the inside of your body. This herb can also be used for pet constipation.
- MARSHMALLOW ROOT - Another great herb that lubricates and soothes internal tissues. Also great for pets. You can even give the dried herb to cats as an herbal hairball preventative. Try to use a tea or a low alcohol tincture or a glyceride for pets.
- YELLOW DOCK - Yellow dock is a great cleansing herb but also a powerful laxative.
Some of the best laxatives for when you really have to go!
- Epsom Salt - Epsom Salt is magnesium sulfate. Follow directions on carton.
- SENNA - Senna is powerful and an ingredient in many commercial laxatives but you can make your own tea with the dried herb.
- ALOE VERA - Aloe vera juice or capsules can be safely as a chronic constipation remedy also.
- CASCARA SAGRADA - Cascara sagrada is another harsh herb that comes from the bark of the buckthorn plant and is also used in commercial preparations.
- OXY-POWDER - This (in my opinion) is the best cure for constipation if you need overnight relief or want to do a colon cleanse. It's extremely effective without the cramping or pain that you will get from the harsher herbs listed above. Kind of expensive but one of the best chronic constipation remedies I've found. Check the link below to learn more about it!
Note: Information presented in this website is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent illness. Please be wise with your choices, seek medical attention/direction if symptoms do not improve or get worse, if you are pregnant or nursing, on medications, or if you are already under a doctor’s care.
Know any chronic constipation remedies?
Share what you know here!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Chronic Constipation Remedies was found under the
NATURAL LIST OF AILMENT REMEDIES
Click here to return